The Best of Dallas Dining Scene
Y.O. Ranch Steakhouse is a fine dining restaurant with deep roots in ranching that date back more than 125 years. Every aspect of the Y.O. dining experience reflects a profound appreciation for the history behind the food – the meticulous preparation of the steaks involves the same techniques used by old ranch hands, and consists of the meat being seasoned, charred, then seared to hold in the juices. An intriguing wild game menu includes the signature Buffalo Filet Mignon, which was featured on the Food Network as “one of the best steaks in the nation.” Embrace the charm of dining beneath antler chandeliers while being surrounded by antique photos of a family eager to serve you.
Fresh Crumbs are the tidbits at the table—conversation topics, recent news, upcoming events. In this new addition to our website, we keep abreast of the latest “crumbs” to help you get the most out of your next dining experience. See what crumbs our writers have uncovered lately!
- Coffee: It's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore
- This article explores the health benefits of drinking coffee, including increased mental attention and a lower risk of developing deadly diseases and cancer. While there ... more
- The Gluten-Free Giant
- The gluten-free lifestyle has increasingly gained popularity during the last few years. This article provides an overall synopsis of this diet and exposes some of ... more
- Unearthing the Truffle: A Guide Through Truffle 101
- Truffles have been an alluring culinary ingredient for over thousands of years. This article decodes the cultivation and harvesting methods of this extraordinary fungus, as ... more
- To Your Health Part 5: Get Some Sleep!
- The fifth installment in a series of articles on how to improve your overall health. This article covers the importance of sleep. From establishing a ... more
- You're In Luck With Food Trucks
- I didn't frequent many food trucks when I was living back in Michigan because I would rather step into an establishment and get out of ... more
Everything is bigger in Texas and the Dallas dining scene has a stampede of excellent epicurean establishments. This bustling Metropolis includes Fort Worth, Arlington and everything in-between so if you're in the mood, there's a meal to curb that craving. If you're looking for barbeque, it's a staple around these parts. Most think of the steakhouses with healthy portions of the red meat and mashed potatoes; imagine a whole pig being roasted on a spit minus an apple in its mouth, that's traditional Texas grub. Newer niches are popping up too like Thai, traditional Italian, countryside French, Indian, innovative sushi, Vietnamese and even artisan breads and chocolate bistros. Mosey on over and read our writers' restaurant reviews and see where you should steer your next meal to.
Restaurant: The Place at Perry's
User Name: Alice
Review Title: Looking for the BEST????
Try to celebrate your or a loved one's birthday at this Place. The food and service cannot be beat! Great even for lunch and when it is not a very special occasion. You may reach the San Diego number when calling for your reservations but do not panic as we are blessed to have this one in our own Dallas Texas.